22 September, 2007

Van Gogh Update

The Fields
1890
van Gogh

Here's the latest on my sad friend, Vincent. I have it that he was beside a barn or some type of structure, not really in a field when he took the fatal shot. But, let's not quibble.

Looks like a private party has put this one up for bid at auction. It has been displayed in Amsterdam and London, but here you are.

Was this his "last" painting? I think that matters more to the sales hype, than to the history. Anyway, I'm putting together a fund to make my bid. Any helpers, out there? (Just kidding, folks).

3 comments:

Robyn Sinclair said...

If you can get the word around quickly enough, Caseyh, to everyone of us who loves Vincent, we could put in 1 euro each and we would all own a Van Gogh. We'd have to be adult about where it is hung, of course.

Robyn Sinclair said...

I think I'll always spell you name with an 'h' in future.

Casey Klahn said...

We can dream, can't we?

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism