26 March, 2012

When Bloggers Meet - Maryann Didriksen

Maryann Didriksen & I at the Studio of Julie Friedman, ArtSpace Studio, Morristown, New Jersey


You get the feeling, after awhile, that these bloggers on the interwebs are more virtual than real.  It helps to get out and meet a few to disabuse yourself of this wrong impression.

It was a delight to meet a couple of artist bloggers at Julie Friedman's studio in New Jersey.  Here is the proof that I met Maryann Didriksen, who resolved a new pastel for us.  Her review of the workshop is here: Shake It Up! 

Thanks for the hard work and for everything you added to our experience, Maryann.  

Maryann also bought a pastel from me while we were there, which shows that she has a lot of class!

9 comments:

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Very exciting to see your workshops paying big dividends for all who attend, and for you, too! Congrats!

Casey Klahn said...

Thanks, Kvan! You and Sarah P. got me started, and here @ 1 year hence the opportunities are more than I would have imagined.

Bhavna said...

I think this is a wonderfull blog. The work posted touches the souls as an artist.The creative process had always brought happiness and given me a feeling of accomplishment, self – satisfaction and contentment. Now I
plan to successfully translate this passion into an exciting career and prays that this zeal for art can become a larger part of my life as I grow as an artist.

loriann signori said...

Sound like your workshops have really taken off! Congrats!

Casey Klahn said...

Best wishes in your art endeavors, Bhavna! Too bad we missed in NYC.

Thanks, Loriann!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Casey, I enjoyed your workshop and spent part of last week reworking a large failed painting in pastel that has morphed into an idea for reworking an oil.

julie Friedman said...

The workshop was awesome Casey... You left a path of constant discussion and exploration of thoughts and ideas!

Casey Klahn said...

Maryann, Glad you are working hard, and I am trying hard to get in the studio to follow up on what inspired me, too!

Casey Klahn said...

Hi, Julie! Good to see you on blogger, and glad to hear your studio is active!

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism